Wednesday 3 December 2008

My Poor left foot!

Firstly, I broke my left big toe a month ago on my return from Hong Kong and endured a very swollen foot for a few days which was a bit of a pain as I had to wear my jandals (flip flops) in the rain! It has slowly been healing but is still a bit sore on occasion but I thought the drama was over until going away to SLC conference and getting bitten on my left ankle. At first it was just very itchy like any old mosquito bite but it became more and more swollen, hard, hot and itchy! Once back in Wellington I decided to visit the pharmacy (my first port of all nowadays as the doctor costs $58) who informed me that it was quite likely to be a spider bite and probably from a white tail! The biggest thing to look out for was throbbing pain as that indicated a deep rooted infection which would kill all the flesh! Yuck!!!! I was back in my jandals with a very swollen foot. I am back to normal now and did not get an infection - phew! It was all quite exciting really! I'm quite proud of my spider bite which mum didn't quite understand! :o)
The pictures are not from the most swollen day but give you a pretty good idea of what my foot looked like! If you don't like feet then look away now!


2 comments:

KiwiChronicles said...

i know two people who have been bitten by spiders here: you and mothy! Sorry to hear of your podiatric trials.

jrsmk1 said...

TMI - dad xxx