Monday 7 January 2008

The Beginning of a New Chapter

And so, here it begins! I have arrived in Wellington for my next adventure in life! I can't believe time has gone so quickly and I am here!
It has been a while since my last post and lots has happened what with my house going through, leaving parties, new family members arriving, Christmas, finishing work and another visit from James, it has been pretty busy and I won't bore you with the details. Now, after a very tearful couple of days in MK saying goodbye to people, I am here!
The journey here went pretty smoothly after a slight issue at check in where I was told I had to buy a return ticket to be allowed on the flight! I will be able to get it refunded but it was a bit traumatic at the time as I was trying to deal with saying goodbye. I got on the flight though and had no other problems and arrived in Wellington at 9am on Saturday 5th January!
It was a lovely sunny day! I am now on day 3 and am having to start on practicalities like buying a car which I am having fun looking for! I have my medical for my visa on Wednesday so all my forms need to be filled in for that!
I thought it would feel like I was on holiday for the first few weeks and so i'd have a bit of a buffer before I started missing people but it doesn't feel like holiday at all, it feels like this is it for now and I am missing everyone a lot.
The weather is not so good today and should only get up to about 22 degrees! ;o) It is very windy and I am very quickly learning that my hair is going to be knotty all the time!
I am looking forward to seeing what happens next and I will keep you all posted!

4 comments:

Tim & Lizzy said...

Welcome to windy Wellington!
Top tip no 1 - to avoid knotty hair, go skinhead.

Anonymous said...

Praise God for technology! It's great to be able to stay in touch and hear all your news in so many different ways. I hope it eases the homesickness for you. We love you billions and miss you heaps! Speak soon xxx
(We're looking forward to seeing you on the webcam)

jrsmk1 said...

Hi Anna
Dad here. Mum heard that Jenny had seen your blog. Managed to find by googling for you as I had no record from your last trip. Fame at last. Don't go skinhead! Maybe one of your famous hats will overcome the wind. Love you loads. See your mail. Dad

Anonymous said...

I have chosen to remain anonymous...well because I can. Guess who I am! I can read lots of blogs on the internet and leave comments for complete strangers! Am I a stranger to you though or do you know a crazy person that would leave such a comment as this?! I'll let you try and figure that one out!