Sunday 3 February 2008

NZI Sevens World series

The sevens is a truly unique experience which I was very fortunate to get to see. The tournament sold out within 25 minutes of the tickets being released. James and I were very kindly invited along by the Pollock family and so were right at the front in the family area which meant we got to meet most of the players from most of the teams on their way round. England won the bowl which is the third competition (cup, plate, bowl and shield) which means we weren't great but at least we won something.









The atmosphere was amazing, it seems to be tradition that everyone dresses up and I think it is fair to say that some of the costumes were truly inspired and some people just didn't look in the mirror before leaving. Unfortunately as I was away at conference, I didn't plan an outfit very well and my England shirt is somewhere on a boat on the way to NZ so I had to where my all blacks shirt.













New Zealand won the cup and the noise was incredible when they
won, it makes me wonder what it would be like to be at the final of the world cup in 2011 in NZ if they won! I think the following picture would go towards explaining some of the crowds excitement!


1 comment:

Tim & Lizzy said...

Gutted to have missed out....