Sunday 3 February 2008

Staff and families conference



So, from Monday to Friday this week, I have been down in the south island near Nelson for the TSCF staff and Families conference. It's a great time with all off the TSCF staff nationally and their wives and children. The week was fairly structured with meetings all morning, the afternoons were free and tehn we met again in the evenings. It was a great chance for me to get to know other staff members and their families. The afternoons were good fun with lots of activities to have a go at. I went swimming in the pool and the lake, kayacking in the lake, went down the large water slide into the lake, across the lake on a flying fox and finally on a high ropes course up in the trees - I think I can honestly say that I have never been so scared in all my life!!! I'm not really sure why I agreed to do it, I think it was a weakness in the area of peer pressure but when I know that i'm scared of heights, it probably wasn't a very sensible choice. Although I do have a sense of achievement from finishing it, I did not enjoy a single moment and never want to do anything like it again.


1 comment:

Tim & Lizzy said...

Nice to read your write up sitting here in Nelson thanks to Telecom wifi.
You put 'TSCF staff nationally and their wives and children' - so what does that make Gary & Keith?!?!
Real glad you're part of the team Anna - hope office going well.