Wednesday 19 March 2008

Test Cricket at The Basin - part 2

I apologise for the two part post but it was getting late and the pictures take ages to upload! I'm afraid I can't really remember what cricket happened on what day! I do know that England won despite some very bad fielding mistakes. I also know that I loved every minute of being at the basin even if the cricket wasn't the most exciting in the world! I will leave you with some of my photo's!






The Slips! KP himself!

The crowd at the basin. It was absolutely packed on the Saturday! We arrived at the ground at about 9.30 to save our space on the bank which is not very Kiwi and felt very strange not to just think 'she'll be right' (which is a fairly common kiw thought) and turn up at 10.30 for start of play!
The barmy army were at the far end of this picture and they definitely made themselves heard! They had some good chants and songs and probably made England feel like they were playing at home.








At lunch they let people onto the outfield which you would never see happen in England! I went down a took a picture of the wicket!





Monty bowling, we had a few wicket maidens, sidebottom himself, and some batting action.
Below is the winning moment on Monday morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite the sporting type aren't you! Looks like fun!!