Saturday 22 March 2008

Wellington Zoo

I decided to go to Wellington Zoo today and have a look around! It is pretty close to my house so I thought I would take a look. I had been told that I probably wouldn't see any Kiwi birds as they are nochturnal but I was told on arrival that they were due to start a talk about Tahi, the one legged kiwi! He was caught in a trap that was left to get possums and as a result had to have his leg amputated. He has had so many procedures and operations done to him, he is quite used to being up in the day so they bring him out very day. He was pretty cool!

I then saw Shaun, the Sun Bear, he was pretty impressive. The keeper had just put some food around his enclose and then let him out. He was very striking and enjoyed a good feed.

It was a very pleasant wander round seeing lions, tigers, cheetah, zebra, ostrich, wallaby, kangaroo, baboon, giraffe, wild dog (and their half eaten lunch!)
This is all good research of things to do when people come to visit me!

Skippy and co.

No comments: