Saturday 5 July 2008

A small Tiki tour to Auckland!

The TSCF mid year conference started in Auckland on 27th June. As there was A LOT of stuff that needed to be transported up there, I decided that it would be a good idea to drive. It also gave me a chance to see some more of the country. So last Thursday, Val and I set off with a heavey laden car for our long drive north. The previous day the desert road (main road north) had been closed for a short while due to snow so we were pleased to find it was open when we needed to drive along it. Normally from the desert road you get fantastic views of Mt Ruapehu but there was too much cloud! I did get to see some snow though!

The remnants of a snowman - most of the snow had melted!

Val and what we could see of the mountain through my car window!


The base of Mt Ruapehu! It is very high - I promise!

We kept driving and made a stop at the Huka falls! Very beautiful rapids which are illegal to Kayak down. They are an amazing colour! Can't wait to take Jenny, Simon and the girls to go and see them.


We then carried on our journey - stopped off at Vals parents for the night and then carried onto to Auckland on Friday morning. Next installment will be about conference!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait either!

Anonymous said...

When's your next installment about conference coming then???

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Not that I can talk as I need to send you those pics!!