Saturday 20 September 2008

Not an Englishmen in New York but an English family in New Zealand!

Apologies for the lack of posts for the last month! I have been pretty busy! My big sister Jenny, her husband Simon and my two nieces Gracie and Jessica arrived in Wellington on the 1st September. I have been anticipating their arrival for most of the year and it's been great having them here. Unsurprisingly they were very tired when they arrived but they all coped amazingly well!


They spent their first week in Wellington enjoying its sights and attractions. I then took a week off work and we travelled around the central north island. We did a lot of driving and covered a lot of miles but we also had loads of fun! A few of the highlights were a rope swing over the river in Wanganui - free and lots of fun! The Gloworm caves in Waitomo - definitley worth seeing even with Jessica screaming for the first few minutes after the instruction for silence, Staying with the wonderful Goolds in Petaruru. A day trip to Rotorua and seeing the boiling mud, hot waterfall and hot spring spa pools! Also sledging on Mt Ruhapehu and watching Jenny and Simon doing a bungee jump.
I am currently sat having gotten the girls bathed and in bed. I am looking after them while Jenny and Simon are away for the weekend skiing. Man, I'm tired. I'm having loads of fun with them and really enjoy having the time with them but it's exhausting!

I can't believe they will be leaving this Friday! It has gone so quickly! I'm dreading the airport but just one week later I will be there meeting Mum and Dad. Yay!

1 comment:

jrsmk1 said...

Hi - great pictures. Anymore of Jenny and Simon on the way down??

Tell me - was the mountain picture taken with a telephoto lens or regular??

Looking forward to seeing you soon.
love dad
xxx