Tuesday 1 April 2008

Flat trip out for Dinner

On Saturday night, our two flats of 5 girls and a boy got invited to a flat nearby, by 3 blokes from church. I had a bit of a blonde moment as at the bottom of the email inviting us round it said 'bring a plate'. Now being a fairly new blokes flat, i thought they meant bring a plate as they don't have enough crockery for all of us! What it actually meant was bring some food! Oops!!!!!!! I'm just glad I checked with someone before I turned up on the doorstep carrying my empty plate! So Nyree and I decided to make a quiche (it doesn't carry the same Christian stereotype as it does in the UK!) I say Nyree and I made it but I just grated the cheese and courgette and chopped the onion. Nyree made the mix and put it together so a kind of joint effort but all the skill came from Nyree! Anyway, here is our finished product:It tasted yummy. It nearly ended up all over the road as it was carried to the flat but Nyree managed to catch it (which meant putting her hand in the quiche)! Nobody seemed to notice it too much though! It was a fun evening with lots of yummy food and plenty of plates!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're such a funny one! I laughed out lound reading that! We must meet up for another webchat soon. I'll text you.
Love you lots x

Anonymous said...

That's really funny! How embarassing would that have been if you had taken an empty plate! I laughed very hard at that and Oakley looked at me oddly, knowing that the story must be funny but not quite knowing why! Maybe he'll take an empty plate to someone's house one day!xxxx