Monday 21 April 2008

A sailor went to sea sea sea......

...and it turns out, she couldn't see very much at all! I was booked on a whale watching tour from Kaikora in the south Island on Saturday and I was going with Lizzy - my friend who lives in Lincoln which is near Christchurch. So, I decided to fly down and spend the weekend with Lizzy and her husband Tim who are old friends from the UK. I arrived quite late on Friday night due to a pilots strike causing delays. We rang ahead before setting off and we were told that there would be no boat trip out that day due to the severe weather conditions out at sea (summer isn't back anymore). Instead we had a lovely day, out for lunch and then we visited a vineyard, stopped off at a gallery and went for a walk along the beach! I got a bit wetter and colder than anticipated!












Oh dear!!!! I got very wet and very cold - but also laughed a LOT!

This is a picture of Lizzy's favourite road - The southern Alps can be seen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rubbish! Will you get to go whale watching another time?

Tim & Lizzy said...

I thought 'old' was 75?!
'Old friends....'?!?
Nice photos eh.

jrsmk1 said...

Who has favourite roads????



Oh I do! It's the A465 the "Heads of the Valleys" road and runs from Abergavenny nearly all the way to Swansea in South Wales.