Monday 7 April 2008

Mike Pilavachi in Wellington

I had a bit of a shock at church a couple of weeks ago when they announced that Mike Pilavachi was going to be speaking there on 6th April! Mike from Watford whom I haven't heard speak since I was about 15!!!! Nobody knew who he was or how to say his name, it was very strange!
So he spoke last night and was excellent and extremely funny. He was speaking about how Jesus went to find the one as opposed to the crowds. How it ws usually the one that was an outcast from society that other people didn't want to know. It was very challenging in how we show people how God loves them and how we reach them with the amazing good news of Jesus! It was quite a strange feeling as the only context I had previously heard him in was a UK one so for a moment I was quite confused about what country I was in!
Following on from the Godcast camp it just finished my weekend off and I now have to work out how all of the stuff that was said applies to me!

No comments: